Wednesday, October 27, 2010

thats me a Vegetarian

Wednesday 10/27/10
I started my experiment as a pescetarian. Based off the opinions of a few vegetarians, my experiment was lacking. it thats was not good enough just to be eating as a pescetarian. In their opinion fish was still meat and i should not be including it in my experiment. I agreed and therefore decided to continue the remaining three days as a full on vegetarian. I'm confident that the next couple of days wont be that hard. I like meat but I do not need it. I'll eat vegtables and pasta.
I went to the grocery store today. i spent a significant amount more than what I normally do. Due to buying so many fruits, vegetables and organic items. My mother was not to pleased, however she supports my experimental decisions. I told my dad about the experiment too. Although he supported it, he himself would never take part, "Make me a vegetarian and you might as well just put a bullet in my head."

Thursday 10/28/10
I ate yogurt and granola this morning which was awesome. I felt good afterwards, i felt awake and pretty ready to go. But In all honesty it is allot harder than I thought. I realize now how much meat is included in my diet. and now I feel so limited, which only makes me want meat even more. My biggest challenge at this point in the experience is finding good alternatives. I want to know why so many people decide to be vegetarian. And so I googled it. I want to know what makes being a vegetarian so much better than a meat eater? What are the benefits? I found that Plants hold 10 Times more protein per acre than meat. Im still not convinced it is a better way of life though. i continued and I also found that in one year more than 7 billion animals die for human consumption. That to me just adds to the whole nightmarish system.
Tonight, Instead of a burger I tried a veggie burger, Which i have never had before. In my opinion it is no where near as good as a regular burger. No offense to any vegetarians out there but it was discussing.

Friday 10/29/10
Will power i can do it! my carnivore instincts firing up away, and I started to think; what is it that makes meat so appealing in the first place? Honestly its a little gross. Me, I love chicken fingers. When you think about it, well, its a slab of chicken that fried and served to you which the expectation of you eating it with your hands. Or a hamburger (YUM) parts of a cow griended up and put in between two pieces of bread. If anyone tried to describe it to a person who did not know, the idea of this food is gross.
Tonight for dinner my mother ordered from firehouse. which if you do not know already is an all american greasy food restaurant. Which normally i love, but unfortunately still cant eat meat. So I ended up just having cereal. yum......

Saturday 10/30/10
Last day being a Vegetarian. Its actually gotten easier to do for me at this point. I have tried new food that I might not have before. Through this experiment I have found alternative although it wasn't easy at first I continued to try. I guess that goes to show that people adapt, they can get used to a certain life style fairly quickly. Which makes me think it is not completely impossible for everyone to change their eating ways. I succeed for a while. Although Im pleased with the experiment, Im not going to stay vegetarian. A diet that included meat is better for me. However know that Im aware of what goes on past the grocery store i plan to make some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment