Tuesday, September 21, 2010

FooOOOoooD

yummmmm! When I think about food I think about everything I like to eat. I think about apples, grilled cheese sandwiches. I think about ice cream, mangos and chicken. I think about breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then I think about the dinner that is always served at the same time every Sunday night. The family is there and there are no exceptions. Everyone takes on a job. And no is ever skeptical as to what goes where, or why. Get the utensils, set the table, and cook the food. Once the table is set with forks and knifes and plates (the necessary tools to eat with) we all seat together and eat. We converse about current events, both in our lives and in the world. Hours or so later, we'll eventually get to clean the mess we made up. When the big ordeal is over we all go back to what they have to do, until next Sunday when we all come together again. Don’t get me wrong I would love to have a long sit down meal all the time, but when does anyone ever have time for that? Normally my family grabs something to take with them. Most of the time my first priority is just getting food that is quick and easy. When there is not enough time for a meal (which is usually all the time) I like to just grab something, like a power bar, or maybe an apple. My second priority when it comes to food is simply how it tastes. The second thing I will think about is what I feel like eating.

By eating food that is easy to prepare and tastes good, how important is it really?

Yes, food is purely essential for the survival of all living organisms. We need food in our lives to provide us with a source of development and energy. But most of the time I feel as though we take it all for granted. We never think about no having food. What if there was no corner store, or deli or super market. Way back when there was only woods, and the meals would have to be hunted, way back when the food never went to waste. I cant imagine living like that know. But the fact of the matter is that there are people in the world who are less fortunate and who search for something to eat. So if you Christian then you can thank god for the food you get to eat. I am not sure but if you consider yourself blessed to have food to eat doesn't that make it somewhat sacred?

1 comment:

  1. Arden,

    Enjoyed your post. Loved the last line - although I would cut "somewhat" which distracts from the argument.

    Transition sentence was garbled and the whole thing could benefit from another proofread ("cant", "feel as though", etc). Lively visual first paragraph (forgot to mention smells though and who is the family?).

    ReplyDelete